PFN members are engaged on a journey to achieve excellence in our industries, whether it is project freight, heavy-lift operation, freight forwarding, or logistics projects. Effective Project Management is a key enabler of this process. The aim must be to provide our operational managers with simple project management processes that can be rigorously and consistently applied to produce predictable results.
THE PROJECT SMART PROGRAM
In the next period, we will bring you different elements of project management that can directly be applied for in our industry. Being the best in class in project management principles means that you’ll be able to tackle any project freight challenge. Be professional towards your customers and have successful project closures. This is what generates continuous business with existing customers and new ones alike.
The following chapters shall be published and be also available on our website as they are shared with you. Please share this with your staff, and there are some very useful tips in this program that will make them understand the method of project management much better.
- The Stages of a Project
- Sponsorship and Leadership
- Defining the Business Objectives and Benefits
- Planning the Project
- Ensuring the Project is a Manageable Size
- Defining the Budget
- Managing the Risk
- Getting the Right Project Manager
- Getting Customer Representation
- Defining Roles and Responsibilities
- Getting the Right Resources
- Monitoring and Reporting Progress
- Communicating Progress
- Consultation and Leadership
- Getting Realistic User Requirements
- Defining Your Approach
- Conducting Structured Testing
- Creating an Implementation Plan
- Conducting a Post Implementation Review
- Realizing the Benefits
- Learning the Lessons
- Celebrating Success
As of January 2021, PFN will publish a new topic for you every week. This means that there will be topics for 23 weeks, with at the end with a checklist that may be helpful in your day-to-day operations.